The lens can be used as a guest user but to enable all the features like collections, query alerts, notes and much more you must have an account. Registering a Lens account is free and requires minimal information.
Personal details and knowledge of your use of the Lens is secured. One of our core principles is Privacy. Privacy matters and your Lens use is your business and yours alone. We don’t share or sell any knowledge of your use of The Lens. We don’t keep track of what you do (unless you ask us to). We don’t advertise or let others advertise on Lens. We avoid any third party software that could expose your use to others.
When you register an account you can:
- Create collection of patents or scholarly works and retain them in future.
- Save search queries for future use.
- Receive alert notifications when new data is added to our index.
- Creating a dashboard of your own that can be saved, presented and shared.
- Create tags for further filtering search queries.
- Attach notes to individual Patents, Scholarly Works, or Collections, which can be exported in a variety of formats at any time location.
- Display your work in a Lens Profile.
- Claim authorship and inventorship over patents and scholarly works
- And more…
You can register your new account from the home page by clicking on the “Create Free Account” button. Clicking on the button will led you to the registration page where you can provide necessary information to register.
Sign In Page
You can find the “Register New Account” button in the log in page below the “Sign In” button. You can click on this button to access the registration form.
You can find the “Register New Account” prompt in the sidebar widgets. You can click on this prompt to access registration and create an account.
You can also register your account from the “Register” menu in the menu bar that appears in any of the Lens page.
How to Use
From any locations registration is available, you can access the registration window. Here you are asked to provide your valid email address, username and password that you can use in future. Username can only contain letters, numbers and underscore. All the mandatory fields are marked with asterisk(*). Clicking on the “Register” button creates a new account for you which you can use to log in.
- To register click on the register link that appears on the home screen or in the menu bar at the top of any page in The Lens.
- Complete the registration form.
- Agree to the Lens terms and conditions.
- Click on “Register” button to complete your registration.
- Confirm your Lens account from your email within an hour.
An email will be sent to your email address to confirm your account on The Lens. You can also use third party account to register by simply choosing the corresponding option in registration dialog.